This Privacy Notice states how Aaron Khoo Chinese Metaphysics and its related services (collectively referred to as “the Company”) collect, store and handle personal information (as defined below) of individuals is compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 under the laws of Malaysia.
Please read this Privacy Notice to understand how we use your personal information we may collect from you, why we collect it, and how we use it. By providing your Personal Information to us, you are consenting to this Privacy Notice and the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
THE DEFINITION OF CONSENT
By providing your Personal Information to us and/or continuing access to our website, apps and/or any other products and services (collectively referred to as “Services”) offered by the Company, you hereby consent to this Privacy Notice and the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this Notice or any amendments to this Notice, please do not subscribe to any of our Services and stop accessing our website.
Definition of Personal Information
In this Privacy Notice, Personal Information refers to any data from an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time. For examples of such Personal Information you may provide to us includes, but not limited to Name, NRIC No., Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Telephone Number, Mailing Address, E-mail Address, Social Media Account etc
Collection of your Personal Information
- Fill up application or registration forms provided by the Company
- Interact and communicate with the Company’s employees at any events or activities
- Communicate with us (phone conversation, e-mail enquiries, Facebook enquiries, feedback forms, website enquiries etc)
- Browse our websites and subscription of our website, Facebook, publication, e-mail newsletter
- Such as your credit card numbers and billing information, using third party PCI DSS-compliant service providers
- Referral from friends/third party.
Data from Third Parties
The Company may receive Personal Information about you from third party sources including partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and publicly available sources such as social media websites.
Purposes for the Collection of your Personal Information
Your Personal Information shall be used by the Company but not limited to:
- update and inform you on our latest promotion, etc
- communicate and send you email messages or marketing materials regarding our products and services, promotions, information
- administer or otherwise carry out obligations in relation to any agreement that you or your business have with us
- respond to your inquiries about our programs of studies, services, membership matters, business associations such as instructors program, representative program, etc.
- conduct research and market surveys
- develop, enhance, market and provide products and services to meet your requirements
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with better services
- contact individuals that you refer to us and identify you as the source of the referral, in accordance with the meet contract or legal obligations
- send information or content to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business
- send information to you regarding changes to our Privacy Notice, or other legal agreements
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
If you do not provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to:
- provide you with the product or services you are interested;
- personalize your experience with us;
- let you know about other products or services that might better meet your needs;
- protect you against fraud or any illegal conducts.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about the Company’s services, we shall deemed that your friend has given consent to provide us your friend’s personal information.
Protecting your Personal Information
The Company ensures that your personal information is secured and protected. Your personal information is stored in a database, protected by password, and accessible only to you and the Company’s employees who require access to perform necessary responsibilities related to the management of your accounts. You can choose to access your registered information with the Company via our Secure Web Server that will encrypt the data while it is transferred through the Web.
Storage of Personal Information
The Company will secure storage of the Personal Information collected in the following ways in compliance with the minimum-security measures prescribed under the PDPA, its regulation and standards:
- register all those who are allowed access
- control and limit access based on necessity
- maintain proper record of access and transfer of Personal Information
- ensure all employees of the Company protect confidentiality
- conduct awareness programmes to all employees (if necessary) on responsibility to protect Personal Data
- establish physical security procedures
- bind third parties involved in processing of Personal Information
We shall retain the Personal Information we collect as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the data was collected, to perform our contractual and legal obligations, and for any applicable statute of limitations periods for the purposes of bringing and defending claims.
Data transfer and sharing
You are agree that where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or providing any service or product on our behalf to you, we may transfer your personal data to another Affiliate within or outside Malaysia, in compliance with the law of Data Protection of another country.
Our website (along with many others) generates “cookies”, which are special files collected by our servers that identify you or your computer whenever you visit the site. These cookies do not record data permanently and are not stored on your computer’s hard drive; once you close your browser, your computer deletes the cookies.
Log In Information
When you access the Website, our web servers automatically records in a log information that your browser sends. These server logs may include information such as your web request, internet protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Storage Security & Data Protection
The Company has apply safety precautions to protect stored and transmitted personal information you have provided to us. This includes encryption software and strict security standards. However, while we are committed to protecting your personal data, the Company do not guarantee unauthorised or accidental access to such data. In the event of such incident occurred, the Company shall not be liable of any damages, compensations, cost etc arise therein.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Data and Purpose Specification
The Company shall keep private and confidential all personal information collected through our website. We may however disclose such information to the following parties in the course of using the information for the reason it was collected:
- Subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies or affiliates of the Company;
- Companies solely or jointly-controlled by the Company;
- A person or company acting on behalf of the Company;
- Any other person or company who has undertaken to keep such information confidential, provided they have a right to such information;
- Information Technology Service Provider;
- Event Management Companies and/or Even Organizer;
- Financial Institutions in respect of credit card transaction.
- Law enforcement bodies and legal authorities
We shall further disclose your personal data to government authorities if we are forced to by law. We may also disclose your personal information to anyone else that has a right to it under Malaysian law so long as they can prove they have the authority to do.
Failure to supply personal data
The failure to supply such personal data as may be needed may:
- Result in us being unable to provide you with the notices, services and/or products requested;
- Affect our ability to effect the necessary processes relating to the supply of our products and/or services; and/or
- Result in us being unable to update you on our latest products, services, promotions, events and/or launches.
Personal data Security
The Company shall take all reasonable steps to make sure that the personal data collected, used is accurate, complete, not misleading and up-to-date. The Company shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal data we hold from loss, misuse, modification, unauthorised or accidental access ordisclosure alteration or destruction.
The Company shall not keep personal data for longer than is necessary and will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal data.
We may use your personal data to provide you with information about our and/or an Affiliate’s services and/or products, which may be of interest to or benefit you, except where otherwise requested or notified by you.
Please note that we shall only disclose your personal data only where you have subscribed for particular services of products which require such disclosure and/or where your consent has been obtained.
Ownership of Content and Materials
All content and materials in this Website are copyrighted and protected by the Intellectual Property Law of Malaysia. You are strictly not allow to copy, reproduce, modify, publish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute in any way without prior written permission of the copyright owner and/or the Company.
A link from the Website to another site does not imply endorsement of another Website. Linked sites are not under the control of the Company and the Company shall not be held responsible for the content or privacy policies of any linked sites or any links containing other linked sites. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the Company, you shall do it at your own risk. The Company shall not be held liable or otherwise for the activities, privacy policies or levels of privacy compliance of these third party sites.
Sensitive Personal Information
Please refrain from providing us with sensitive Personal Information such as political, religious belief, sexual history, criminal conviction background etc. The Company shall reserve its rights to remove the user account with immediate basis in the event that the user breached any terms of this Notice.
Revision of the Policy
The Company shall, as and when it deems fit, revise, amend, change, or modify this Policy regularly. You are advised to visit the Website continually in order to monitor changes in the notice, as the notice will be binding upon you.